XL-Joinery External Oak Stain Kit
- Applying the correct stain on a External Oak Door is crucial for the look and long term performance on any external door.
- That is why we have developed a professional external door finishing kit.
- The kit includes the following:
- 1no 500ml tin of Oak Base Coat;
- 1no 1 litre tin of Oak Top Coat;
- 1no 250ml pot of End Grain Sealer
- Coating Schedule:
- Apply ONE coat of XL Joinery base coat to all faces and edges including the top and bottom edges of the doors, allowing at least 4 hours drying time between coats.
- Apply TWO coats of XL Joinery end grain sealer to the top and bottom edges of the doors, allowing at least 2 hours drying time before applying the second coat of end grain sealer and subsequent recoating
- Apply TWO coats of XL Joinery top coat to all faces and edges including the top and bottom edges of the doors, allowing at least 4 hours drying time between coats
- Ensure that all lock, letterbox and hinge cut-outs are also finished to the same degree as the timber surface
- Consult the Material Safety Data Sheet before use
- Stir product well before use
- Check colour
- Apply according to the Technical Data Sheet with reference to the coasting instructions
- Always use appropriate safety equipment
- General Instructions:
- Coatings should not be applied if the treatment is 10C or below, or in damp or rainy conditions. Drying times will vary according to environmental conditions
- Lightly sand the substrate to achieve a key (P240 grit abrasive recommended). Round off any sharp edges to a 2-3mm radius. Always sand along the grain and remove any rust prior to painting
- Prior to any coating of your joinery please ensure that all substrates are clean and dry
- Stir the finish well prior to use then apply coats with a quality synthetic fibre brush, working along the grain and re-loading the brush at regular intervals to ensure sufficient build
- Ensure all lock, letterbox and hinge cut outs are also finished to the same film thickness and number of coats as the timber surfaces.
- It is important to apply the full coating schedule (base coat, top coat and end sealer) to your door before final installation and exposure to elements
- Denib between coats using a fine grade P240 grit abrasive paper ensuring you do not break the surface of the coating system. Remove all dust before applying the next coat.
- Maintenance :
- To ensure long life and appearance of the door, all coatings should be washed down annually to remove any surface pollution and check the finishing treatment and touch up as necessary. Full retreat the door every few years or as required, depending on degree of exposure. Door located in exposed areas will require more frequent maintenance coats.
Note:Buildworld's customer satisfaction guarantee and returns policy do not apply to special order merchandise, custom merchandise. However your legal rights are unaffected. For further details, please see Delivery & Returns.