Get your roof ready to look its best by first laying down the Bostik Flashband Primer SV For Roofs. This structured bitumen rubber primer is specifically designed to aid the adhesion process of Bostik Flashband both to porous and rough building surfaces. However, it can also be used on smooth, porous surfaces to improve adhesion a bit. It can be used for priming and sealing brickwork, roof tiling, cement renderings, mineralised felt, timber, rainwater pipes, metal, corrugated sheets, gutters and more. The fast-drying primer is easy to apply, even in cold and damp locations.
+ Delivery & Returns
- Bostik Flashband Primer S.V. for Roofs is a solvent borne bitumen solution, for priming/sealing brickwork, cement renderings, roof tiles, concrete, mineralised felt, timber, metal, rainwater pipes, gutters and corrugated sheeting.
- It is also ideal to use prior to the application of other bitumen products and particularly where there are porous or dusty surfaces.
- Use Bostik Flashband Primer S.V. for Roofs before applying Bostik Self Adhesive Flashing Tape to porous or dusty surfaces in damp or cold weather.
- Form : Low viscosity liquid
- Specific Gravity : 0.9 approx.
- Composition : Solution of bitumen solvent
- Colour : Black
- Pack Size : 1 Litre
- Advantages :
- Quicky dry, cold weather formula
- Improves grab and adhesion
- Porous, rough, dusty or damp surfaces
- Performance Data :
- Application Temperature : +5 degree C to +35 degree C
- Service Temperature : -10 degree C to +70 degree C
- Coverage : 7 - 9m2 per litre, depending on porosity of surface
- Solvent for Cleaning Up : White Spirit
- PREPARATION :
- Ensure the roof surface is structurally sound, clean, dry and free from surface contaminants such as grease, oil, rust and dirt.
- Remove any organic growth i.e. moss or lichen with Bostik Fungicidal Wash.
- APPLICATION :
- Apply Bostik Flashband Primer S.V. for Roofs with a soft bristle brush and allow to dry before over coating with Bostik Flashband or other bitumen products.
- Where possible we recommend using disposable brushes for the application of Bostik Flashband Primer S.V. for Roofs.
- CLEANING :
- Clean tools and equipment immediately after use with white spirit.
- Dried product is difficult to remove.
- Use proprietary hand cleaners for splashes on skin. Do not use solvents.
- Low viscosity liquid
- 0.9 approx
- Solution of bitumen solvent
- Storage/Shelf Life
- Store and transport this container in a secure upright position. Ensure the lid is secure. Store for up to 24 months from date of manufacture in original, unopened packaging under cool, dry conditions within the temperature range of +5 degree C to +30 degree C and out of direct sunlight.
- +5 degree C to +35 degree C
- Service Temperature
- -10 degree C to +70 degree C
- 7 - 9m2 per litre, depending on
porosity of surface
- Solvent for Cleaning
- White Spirit