Using the IKOpro Quick Dry Bitumen Primer Black 5L, you can stabilise porous, dusty surfaces before you begin to work by first priming it with this premium formula primer. This bituminous solution is deeply penetrating and dries just as quickly, ready to be worked with in only 30 minutes after application while leaving behind no tacky feeling or look. The product can be used on many different substrates, including zinc, brickwork, concrete, metals and even existing bituminous roofing materials and is black in colour to easily suit the appearance of the tile being used.
+ Delivery & Returns
- Fast-drying bitumen priming solution
- Designed to prepare various substrates prior to the application of bitumen membranes
- Use to seals and primes various substrates prior to bonding of bitumen membranes.
- Product is ready to use and can be applied using brushes or rollers.
- Quick Drying – dry within 30 minutes of application in good external weather conditions
- Should be applied to the prepared surface by brush or roller to give a uniform, even coating at the rate prescribed. A brush should be used to ensure the primer is applied fully into corners and areas of detailing.
- Drying time is approximately 30 minutes at 20°C. At higher temperatures the product may dry faster, with lower temperatures slowing this drying process.
- PREPARATION :
- Before commencement, the installing contractor should ensure that the surfaces for application are sound and capable of accepting the new waterproofing system.
- The surface to which the waterproofing membrane is to be installed must be clean, dry and fit for purpose.
- Smooth metal surfaces should be prepared with a wire brush.
- Existing substrates should be assessed by a competent operative or suitably qualified professional to ascertain their suitability in relation to adequacy.
- APPLICATION :
- Should be applied at temperatures between +3oC and +27oC.
- Thoroughly stir before use, ensuring a full working of the liquid in the tin.
- Do not thin the material for any reason.
- 5 Litres
- Typical Application Rates
- Concrete 3-4m2/L, Metal 10-15m2/L, Bitumen 5m2/L, CP Board 10-12m2/L
- Drying Time at 20oC
- 30 minutes Dependent on porosity of substrate