A cold applied, solvent based bituminous adhesive developed to bond consecutive layers of roofing felt to roofing felt, concrete, asphalt, wood or metal, the Roofing Felt Adhesive from Cromar is applied cold for easy and quick installation. It is additionally. The adhesive after being applied to the surface should be left for approx. 15 to 30 minutes to develop its full thickness. Depending on the thickness of the adhesive used and the climate, the drying time varies.
+ Delivery & Returns
- It is a solvent based, cold applied bituminous adhesive for bonding successive layers of roofing felt.
- Formulated for convenience and safety, ensures affinity and a strong final bond to bituminous membranes
- Coverage: Approximately 2m² per litre.
- Container Size : 5 Litre
- Colour : Black
- Use :
- Bonding roofing felts to metal, timber, concrete and asphalt
- Lap cement
- Bonding chippings to flat roofs
- Surface Preparation:
- Ensure all surfaces are free from oil, dirt, dust and loose debris. All traces of algae and fungus growth should be removed using a stiff brush and the surface treated with a fungicide to kill any remaining spores thereby discouraging the return of any growths.
- Apply using either a stiff brush, mop or squeegee.
- Warm in a room overnight prior to use.
- Should be applied to the surface and left for 15 to 30 minutes (depending upon drying conditions) in order to develop its full thickness. The felt should then be placed into the wet adhesive film carefully, rubbing or rolling each section down to ensure maximum contact with the adhesive and to expel air trapped between the surface and the felt. Wherever possible the felt should be unrolled into the Roofing
- The overlaps should be at least 75mm on the side and 150mm at the ends. To ensure a complete bond at the side and end laps, Cromar Roofing Felt Adhesive can be applied to the underside of the felt and well compacted.
- When using with a timber structure the first layer of felt must be nailed down. Successive layers of felt may then be bonded using Cromar Roofing Felt Adhesive.
- When used on concrete surfaces that are porous it will be necessary to prime the surface first, ensuring that the primer is completely dry before the first layer of felt is applied.
- 24 hours after laying felt check all bondings to ensure that full adhesive has been obtained. Particularly check all laps.
- Minimum 12 months in undamaged, tightly sealed containers. Containers must be kept sealed and stored away from sources of heat and ignition.